Sunday, May 1, 2011

Week 35 & 36

Fun at the "Down to Earth" festival.

To which should we yield: tornadoes or floods? When the siren goes off (which has become routine) we flee to the basement, but with all this water, I wonder if drowning shouldn’t be our bigger worry. Having power is now a luxury here in Memphis, and I’m learning to live every moment as if the next will find me cold and in the dark, eating pretzels for dinner. We were informed earlier this week that we’re on alert for going on a disaster project somewhere in Mississippi, and we should be ready to leave on a moment’s notice. As of this afternoon, they told us there’s a pretty good chance we’ll be leaving tomorrow. I’m kind of nervous about the work we’ll be doing, but I’m also excited for the opportunity to help fulfill people’s immediate needs in such a chaotic situation. Please pray for my team and for the people we’ll be trying to help. So many have lost so much these past few weeks.


I'll forgo the usual work and life updates as I'm preoccupied with all this emergency stuff. 
I love you guys,
 k

1 comment:

  1. Take care of yourself and I know your compassion and your skills
    will be just what is needed.

    ReplyDelete